You want to install photovoltaic panels to produce electricity at home? Here are the keys to a successful photovoltaic installation of your home ...
Little reminder : photovoltaic panels do not heat your water or your house (that's solar thermal!) but produce electricity that EDF is committed to purchase by contract. To benefit from the most interesting rate (€ 0.60 per kWh), the installation must be integrated into the building. Before signing, it is better to inquire, compare several offers and not give in to the first canvassing phone.
1. I inquire
Consult an adviser from the Espace Info-Énergie nearest you (EIE) to study the feasibility of the project and the website www.ademe.fr. For local help: www.enerplan.asso.fr
2. I speak to specialists
Independent craftsman, partner of manufacturer of roofing material, specialized company: the interlocutors are numerous. A good professional observes the conditions of the construction site, draws up (documents in support) the list of the administrative procedures and works to realize. It provides a clear estimate of expenses and earnings, as well as proof of insurance and qualification. Use specialists trained in this technology, offering panels compliant with the regulations: a QualiPV Bat roofing contractor for roofing and a QualiPV Elec electrician for connection to the electricity grid, listed on www.qualipv.org
3. I am looking for the best position
The modules are located between the south-east and the south-west, with an inclination of 20 to 40 °. Evaluate the future growth of trees and learn about the constructibility of the surroundings.
4. I declare the work
- In renovation, file a preliminary declaration of work at the town hall.
- In nine, the installation of photovoltaic cells is part of the application for a building permit.
5. I control
Have the waterproofness of the roof and the entire circuit checked. At the slightest non-compliance with the law, the sale of electricity will be refused. Before connecting to the network and even paying the bill, submit the installation to the Consuel (www.consuel.com).
6. Reception of the works
It corresponds to the day of commissioning of the installation. The company must provide the customer with a technical file complete with electrical diagram of the system, description of maintenance procedures and control of consumptions, and especially the safety instructions. Never forget that a photovoltaic panel is always working and maintaining itself.
The insurer's advice
Claudine Quilleveré is the property and casualty insurance manager for the French Federation of Insurance Companies.
- Check that professionals present the appropriate insurance cover for professional liability (RC) and professional liability insurance. The law also requires them to provide a decennial 10-year insurance certificate prior to the work.
It must be a decennial RC for a "cover" or "photovoltaic" activity and not "masonry" for example. You must also have civil liability insurance (in the event of an accident on your roof) and, if possible, legal assistance.
- Always declare to the insurer the changes made to the insured property. However, this does not automatically lead to an automatic revaluation of the contribution. Check with him if the new installation is included in the home multi-risk agreement.
Good to know
- To obtain the tax credit, be exempt from income tax and enjoy VAT at 5.5% (for housing over 2 years), do not:
- To exceed a power of 3 kWp (Peak power in kWp: electric power delivered by a photovoltaic module under a lighting of 1 kW / m² with a cell temperature of 25 ° C.), which represents between 20 and 30 m2² of modules . These must comply with NF EN 61 215 (crystalline silicon) or NF EN 61 646 (amorphous silicon).
- Sell more than twice its usual electricity consumption per year.
- The return on investment from a good installation, with aids, is generally between 7 years in the South-East and 12 years north of the Loire. An integrated south-facing system of about 2.8 kWp for example allows an average annual income of € 1,700 in the Vaucluse and € 1,500 in the Eure.