With each noise nuisance its remedy. A quick tour of solutions to take care of your soundproofing and transform your home into a haven of peace ...
1. Isolate yourself from outside noises
The street, the traffic, a factory, a construction site, an airport or a station are all sources of noise. How to protect yourself? You must first isolate the openings (windows, doors) because they are potentially weak points: everywhere where the air passes, the noise also passes.
With asymmetrical double glazing. They consist of two panes of different thicknesses. They can be reinforced with acoustic films. The gain is 9 to 12 dB (decibels) compared to standard double glazing. Insufficient ? On the contrary, this can allow you to halve the noise coming from outside.
Treating the whole house Improving some points really reduces the noise. In other cases, it is better to treat the whole house. But the noise spreads along sometimes complex paths ... And the disappearance of a nuisance can make way for another, previously unheard. For a guarantee of result, contact a professional. Info: www.bruit.fr
- Silent roof windows. These incorporate the anti-noise rain system (ABP). The acoustic coefficient is reduced to 48 dB, which puts its sound level below our wake up threshold (50 dB), even during heavy rain. "Window comfort ABP", price on request, Velux.
- An anti-noise pack. Depending on the finish, these windows display a sound attenuation up to 41 dB. The best performers include double glazing with acoustic films. Pack "Trybaphony", price on estimate, Tryba.
A well insulated entrance door. In many cases, doors have acoustic weaknesses. Today, manufacturers are developing models that insulate both thermally and acoustically: they incorporate specific materials such as acoustic foams.
Reinforced door. With this model, noise is reduced by 31 dB. This aluminum door has an acoustic barrier developed thanks to the exclusive Sonor Stop system (8 mm MDF panels). "Neptune", price on estimate, Lapeyre home.
For a better result
No need to install acoustic windows if, at the same time, you do not treat the air intakes of the VMC. Choose "acoustic" air intakes: they are designed to let air circulate by limiting the passage of noise. And have acoustic absorbers and insulators placed inside the trunk of your shutters.
2. Ending the inner noises
Noise of conversation, television, stereo: to no longer hear them, it is essential to strengthen the insulation of walls and partitions. And to compensate for impact noises such as falling objects or walking with stilettos floors and ceilings must also be treated.
Walls and partitions
Various products exist: glue-in-place cladding panels (available ready-to-use), metal frame lining, and dismantled masonry counter walls.
- Acoustic doubling. Specially designed to solve all acoustic insulation problems, it displays a gain of 11 dB in certain configurations, according to the Qualitel Acoustic Comfort label. "Xtherm", price on offer, Knauf.
- High density. This gypsum board has a high density core that consists of a specific gypsum crystal structure that dampens noises. "Placo phonic", from 6.50. the plate, Placo.
Footsteps and other falling objects can quickly become real nuisances. What can be done to reduce them? Insulate floors and ceilings. How? With specially designed floors, underlayments, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Innovative. This parquet has a directly integrated underlayment. Result: an acoustic loss of 20 dB. "Fox Floor Grand Large Pro Click 140" Oak Selection, 111.15. / m2 HT, Parquetry Berry.
- Double thickness. An acoustic sub-layer reduces the propagation of sound waves. It consists of composite materials and high performance polyurethane foam. "No Noise Sol", on estimate, Onduline.
How to silence them?
Baths. To reduce the resonance effect, just fill the void under the bathtub with mineral wool. Viscoelastic adhesive plates or soft pads also dampen noises.
The faucets. Choose a good acoustic quality. It is given by the index "Ds" which is expressed in dB (A): the higher it is, the more the tap is silent.
VMC. Acoustic models reduce exterior noise. But simply adjusting the installation, changing the mouths or washing them can be enough to alleviate the problem.
Some simple gestures
Keep noisy appliances away from dividing walls. If necessary, you can also raise them (avoid, for example, placing the subwoofer of the home theater on the floor).
Shut the shutters at night to isolate you from the noise of the street.
Put carpets on the floors to reduce footsteps.
Adjust the flush fill rate to suppress the whistling sound.
Insulate descents and water pipes with mineral wool.
Multiply the obstacles in your garden: embankments, hedges, palisades, row of trees, etc.