The decorative trick of Aurélie Hémar: relooking an old chest on a coffee table
Charlotte Schousboe / FTV
This week's decor workshop helps Emmanuelle and Lassad create a real family living space. Between the games room and the TV lounge, the room is revamped with the tips of Aurélie Hémar. Côté Maison presents the transformation of an old toy chest into a coffee table covered with slate.
Aurélie Hémar helps Emmanuelle and Lassad to create a living room for the whole family, a space between the TV lounge and the games room to bring together children and parents. The decorator relooks an old toy chest old fashioned in a small coffee table decorated with slate paint, as practical as playful. Côté Maison presents on video the tutorial Aurélie Hémar.
Video of Aurélie Hémar: turning an old toy chest into a coffee table
Equipment needed to relook an old piece of furniture with slate paint, seen in the decoration workshop:
- 1 board of medium 16mm thick (with 7cm of overflow compared to the measurement of the top of the chest)
- Screwdriver drill
- Black acrylic paint blackboard
- Rabbit's foot
- Painter's Scotch
- Roll of maskingtape
Aurélie Hémar's tutorial to modernize a toy box:
1. Sand the trunk completely
2. Slightly cut the legs of the cabinet with a saw
3. On the top of the chest, bring a 16mm medium board and screw it from underneath (the inside of the trunk)
4. Repaint board and sides of trunk in blackboard except wooden posts.
5. On the board, create a checkerboard or a set of crabs with masking tape.
Find the Atelier déco with Aurélie Hémar on France 2 on Saturday at 17h15 and 18h.
Would you like to ask Aurélie Hémar and our team of experts for your decoration project? Appointment on the site www.france2.fr/emissions/l-atelier-deco